Data Usage Statement
When you browse the Longmynd Hike website our hosting company logs details of your IP address, operating system, browser, and which previous site referred you to ours. This is standard stuff, all hosts do it and the hike webmaster can see the logs, we dont use the logs for anything unless someone reports a problem and then they may help us in tracking down the cause. We also create a cookie, it's needed by our software to manage your movement around the site, when you close your browser it 'evaporates'.
When you enter the hike all details you keyed in on the registration page are stored on the server(s) of the current on-line entry provider who manage registration and payment, they may have their own policy which you should review on their website. The entries secretary will download the details to his PC when he processes your entry.
When you pay for your entry, your card details are protected by the strong security methods employed by the on-line entry provider`s financial merchant. The Longmynd Hike never sees or handles your card details, we only receive confirmation from the on-line entry provider that a particular entry fee has been paid.
The Longmynd Hike store and use your details purely for the administration, running of and promotion of the hike, they are NEVER passed on to third parties for other purposes, not even our sponsors.
The on-line entry provider may also inform you of other events for which they manage entries, you may opt-out of this by following the instructions on their website.
The Hike will use your details in the following ways:
- To manage your entry and inform you of your hike number and provide any other relevant information which you need prior to the hike.
- To manage the hike over hike weekend.
- To produce certificates for every starter who gets to the first checkpoint or beyond.
- To produce finishers and trophy winners lists which will be both printed and published on the website.
- To advise local newspapers of the results of the hike.
- To advise Runners World of the 20 fastest finishers and their Fell Running Club name.
- To contact you after the end of one hike up until the start of the next year's hike. This would be for circumstances such as:
- Returning lost property to you after the hike.
- Confirming the return of a trophy prior to the next hike.
- If entries for the next year are running well below capacity and we want to drum up a bit more interest (this hasn't happened for a while).
- If you went on the reserve list for one hike and didn't get offered a place, we will email you in good time advising of the exact opening date/time of the entries list for the following year's event.
Winners and Finishers Lists
The finishers list will contain your first & last names, home town & net time, e.g.
JOE BLOGGS CHURCH STRETTON 15:42
You will be categorised by eligibility for the trophies which identifies which age range you belong to.
If a Scout or Guide and you win one of the Scout or Guide trophies your Group/Unit/District or equivalent will be published.
If a member of a trophy winning team your team name will be published.